Before you start
- Make sure to thoroughly clean your appliances before storage and keep doors partially open to prevent mold.
- To prevent rust, apply a small amount of machine oil to bicycles, tools and other equipment.
- Fill your boxes without overloading them.
- Label your boxes and write a list of their content.
- Label fragile boxes.
- Disassemble large items such as bed frames, tables, etc., place hardware in properly identified bags, and glue them on furniture.
- In the moving truck, make sure to place heavy items underneath light items.
- For your clothes use wardrobe boxes.
How to organize your self-storage unit
- Use wooden pallets or 2×4s to prevent your items from resting directly on the floor.
- Better organize your unit by using freestanding shelves.
- You should stack your chairs.
- Use the inside of the units to store smaller objects.
- Store mattresses and box springs length-wise and DO NOT place them directly on the floor.
- Keep your off-season clothing accessible. Storage often lasts longer than expected!
Protect your assets
- Once a month, inspect your unit to make sure everything is normal.
- Get insurance.
- If you notice a problem or something suspicious, please inform TOUSKI-FIT.
- Do not use plastic to cover your belongings. Plastic retains moisture.
- Do not store food.
- Do not use newspapers to wrap items; ink may stain them.
- Do not store dirty appliances.
- Do not store toxic or illegal products.
- Do not give anyone your access code unless you want to give them access to your unit.